-
February 27th, 2002, 10:10 PM
#21
Inactive Member
All this free & easy talk of 90's muzic just might give me a nosebleed(the 2-nostril kind). But, Im actually curious to know what ever happened to that band, "School of Fish"? They had that one hit, "Strange Days" around 91-92, then vanished.
Anyone heard anything from them lately?
-
February 27th, 2002, 10:10 PM
#22
Inactive Member
Live went wrong with Throwing Copper and it was all down hill from there. Mental Jewelry was a pretty nice record though. Didn't think they deserved the "Pearl Jam rip-off" label they got at first.
I have no problem with Filter, Varuca, or Silverchair.
L8
-
February 27th, 2002, 10:12 PM
#23
Inactive Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by R.C. Collins:
All this free & easy talk of 90's muzic just might give me a nosebleed(the 2-nostril kind). But, Im actually curious to know what ever happened to that band, "School of Fish"? They had that one hit, "Strange Days" around 91-92, then vanished.
Anyone heard anything from them lately?</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, the singer went Shannon Hoon about a year ago.
-
February 27th, 2002, 10:25 PM
#24
Inactive Member
Thanks Manic. I actually just finished looking up their discography on Tower, and theyve already been immortalized on one of those Capitol-EMI "Back to Back", double band compilations with DaDa. Music journalists and industry insiders must have thought well of them. That type of reissue is usually reserved for acts like Blondie, Missing Persons and Gary Numan. Guess they were more influential than most people give them credit for.
Anyways, thanks for the info.
-
February 28th, 2002, 12:13 AM
#25
Inactive Member
I had the Throwing Copper cd, I traded it in a few years ago, I never really got into them. I'm bummed because the Black Crowes broke up, man, I love their music, oh, well.
Who sang "Cumbersome?"
Silverchair are pretty good, I have two of their cd's, I don't listen to them often, but they rock hard.
-
February 28th, 2002, 12:20 AM
#26
Inactive Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by tomasmk2:
[QB]Who sang "Cumbersome?"
QB]</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
7Mary3
-
February 28th, 2002, 01:44 AM
#27
Inactive Member
bace...don't sweat him. he just attempting smack without knowing a single fact behind who he's attacking...you know....warrenton being warrenton.
WAR KEN CRACKINITI!!!!
-
February 28th, 2002, 01:52 AM
#28
Inactive Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by TenTallBen:
Originally posted by R-Jack:
Don't know dude. It just happens.
Sincerly,
Better than Ezra - They suck. I hate the fact that they are from Louisiana.
Filter - Filter's second album was much better than their first. Can't wait for the next one.
Three Doors Down - They only have one album. I think their second one will be better than the first seeing as though they will have much more money to spend on it.
Seven Mary Three - Great band. They just started writing one good song for every seven that they put out.
Live is a very good band and I can find great songs on every one of their cd's. None of which will live up to Throwing Copper.
Add to that list:
Silverchair-new album expected this year,if Daniel Johns Cobain can keep away from Natalie Imbruglia's pants
Days of the New-CD came out last year
Matchbox 20-still going and Rob Thomas is the most emasculated man in rock
Korn-new CD out this year,Jonathan scored the Queen Of the Damned soundtrack
Oasis-new CD out later this year
Pearl Jam-fire and pestulence will come before another PJ Cd
Sponge
The Refreshments
etc......</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
-
February 28th, 2002, 02:19 AM
#29
Inactive Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by tomasmk2:
Silverchair are pretty good, I have two of their cd's, I don't listen to them often, but they rock hard.</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
you are joking, no?
-
February 28th, 2002, 02:24 AM
#30
Inactive Member
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks